NEST Exam 2019 Notification – Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application, Pattern, Syllabus – Apply Online
NEST Exam 2019: Here we are providing an information about the NEST Examination 2019 in brief. National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai, have jointly announced the schedule of National Entrance Screening Test – 2019 (NEST-2019) for the Academic Session 2019-20. In this all the details are similar to the National Entrance Screening Test (NEST).
Useful Content in this Article
NEST Exam 2019 Notification – Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application, Pattern, Syllabus
The exam is conducted once in a year. Here, we have mentioned the NEST 2019 complete details.
NEST Exam Application Form Details:
|Name of the Organization||National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER), Bhubaneshwar|
|Programme Offered||Integrated M.Sc Admission 2019|
|Category of the page||NEST 2019 Application Form|
|Online Application Start Date||07-01-2019|
|Application Closing Date||11-03-2019|
|NEST Examination Date||01-06-2019|
|NEST Exam 2019 Admit Card||24-04-2019|
National Entrance Screening Test 2019 Exam Details
- National Entrance Screening Test (NEST 2019) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Dept. of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
- NEST 2019 will be conducted in around 90 towns and cities all over India on 01st June 2019 (Saturday).
- Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India in 2007.
- Entrance Test for admission to 5-year Integrated M.Sc. Programs at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and;
- University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai.
NEST 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form Deadlines
- Registration/Online, Application Opens: 07th January 2019
- Online Application Closes: 11th March 2019
- Date of Exam: 01st June 2019 (Saturday)
- 09.00 AM – 12.30 PM (01st Session)
- 02.30 PM – 06.00 PM (02nd Session)
Eligibility for NEST 2019 Exam
- Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates seeking admission to NISER & UM-DAE CEBS for the integrated M.Sc. Program 2019 should be from regular Science Stream only and preferably should have any combination of three subjects among Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics in classes XI and XII.
- It is mandatory for all aspiring candidates to write the NEST 2019 exam; admission will be offered strictly on the basis of Merit List of NEST-2019.
- Additionally, candidates must have passed class XII exam or equivalent from any recognized Board in India in the years 2017 or 2018 or be appearing for the same in 2019.
- Candidates who are appearing for the board exam in 2019 must pass it by the time of admission.
- Also, candidates must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in class XII exam to be eligible for admission to NISER and CEBS. For candidates belonging to castes SC/ST & PD categories, the minimum requirement of marks is relaxed to 55% in aggregate.
- Where only letter grades are available, a certificate from the concerned Board specifying equivalent percentage of marks is required to be submitted. In absence of such a certificate, the decision of the admissions committee of the concerned institution will be final.
Number of Seats
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
- Candidates must choose 02 (two) centres in order of their preference while filling up of application form.
- It is allowed to select two centres from the same city, such as Delhi–East and Delhi–North. Every effort will be made to allot the centre of first preference.
- Please note that ultimately the allotment of an exam centre by the Chief Coordinator has to be regarded as final and request for change of centre will, in general, not be entertained.
- The address of the test venue for any centre will be mentioned on the NEST admit card.
- Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject–sections as they wish.
- The answers to each question are to be marked on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet.
NEST Exam Pattern 2019
NEST Exam Pattern:
National Entrance Screening Test will be divided into five sections consist of general section is of 30 marks & rest of four subject sections will be of 50 marks each.
NEST Exam Syllabus 2019
- The syllabus for NEST 2019 primarily follows the NCERT/CBSE science syllabus of class XI–XII. The syllabus can also be downloaded on the www.nestexam.in website under the ‘Syllabus’ tab.
Application Form for NEST Exam 2019
- To apply for NEST 2019, candidates must fill–up the online application form through www.nestexam.in on or after 07th January 2019.
- Candidates are strongly advised to read the detailed online application procedure available on the website. Online application process closes on 11th March 2019. There is no offline application mode available for NEST 2019.
Application Fee for NEST
- Male (General /OBC Categories) – Rs.1200/-
- Male (SC/ST Categories) – Rs.600/-
- Female (All Categories) – Rs.600/-
- Persons with Disabilities – Rs.600/-
- Pay ONLY via Net-Banking /Credit /Debit Cards
- For detailed information on NEST 2019 application procedure and previous years’ questions papers, please visit NEST 2019 website www.nestexam.in.
NEST Exam Details 2019
|Particulars Of the NEST Exam||Information|
|Subjects included in National Entrance Screening Test||There are five sections in this test which are as|
|Merit Calculation||Only three highest scored sections will be considered for merit calculation.|
|Test Type||Objective Type Questions|
|Negative Marking||Yes, negative marking will be done in subjects section only not in general section.|
|Pattern of examination||Question paper which will be asked in OMR pattern.|
|Total Marks||230 marks.|
Documents to be required for NEST Exam Application
- Valid Email ID.
- Scanned Photograph & signature in JPEG Format. The size of the scanned images is less than 100 KB each.
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking Details.
- Examination Centre list.
- Qualification Details.
NEST Exam Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2019
NEST hall ticket will be available in the fourth week of April 2019. Candidates must need to bring their admit card along with school photo ID card or any other photo ID issued by Government agencies in exam hall. So download admit card through online mode.
Official Website : Click Here
In this page, we are provided the brief information regarding the NEST Exam 2019 like application last date, eligibility criteia, admit card details, exam pattern and etc details are mentioned above article. So, visit once in this article and if you have any confusion give a comment on below comment or go for the official web portal. Share this page to our family and friends.